About Me

My photo
Orlando, FL, United States
HI WELCOME TO MY BLOG! I am happily married to BOB. We have three great kids, Kirsten, Jim and Jonathan. Kirsten is married to Eric and they have a beautiful daughter Tess. So yes I'm a Grandma and it's GRAND. My kids say, "MOM'S CRUZEN NOW" because I partner with an AMAZING Wellness Company and coach others on how to successfully work from home. Want to join me? Visit my web: www.BeMomFirst.com. I look forward to getting to know YOU!!!

Monday, August 16, 2010

IS LAUGHTER GOOD MEDICINE?

Knock Knock! Who’s there?


If you’ve got kids or grandkids - you know they love to tell jokes,
play jokes and make you laugh. What you may or may not know
is that laughter is actually good for your health. How do you
know this? It’s good for your heart. “The University of Maryland
Medical Center in Baltimore studied 300 people, half who had
heart disease and half who did not. They found that those with
heart disease were 40 % less likely to laugh in a variety of
situations. These people were also less likely to recognize
humor or to use it to get out of uncomfortable situations.” Even
with these studies they are not yet sure how laughter may help
the heart. However I think you and I would agree that it certainly
seems true that Laughter Is Good Medicine. So grab your kids,
grandkids, family, neighbors, whomever you like and have
some fun! Tell a joke, play a joke . . . LAUGH OUT LOUD. It’s
good for your HEALTH and good for your HEART.

Carol

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment